I am excited to be growing and expanding my newborn work in 2017! Here are few things you can expect if you book your newborn session with me.
- Sessions take place at my studio in Watseka when baby under 3 weeks old. The age really does matter for these. Once this age is exceeded, babies are more easily disturbed, sometimes more fussy. They discover how to use their arms and legs quickly, and it’s harder to get the peaceful, sleeping baby look.
- It’s a great idea to contact me during the last half of your pregnancy to get penciled in on my schedule. Once you are home from the hospital, all you have to do is let me know you are home, and we will confirm a date and time.
- I offer a free mini maternity session if you book your newborn session with me before you are 36 weeks pregnant.
- I only photograph newborns in the morning, Monday-Saturday. Everyone is just fresher in the morning, babies and parents.
- I do mostly natural and wrapped posing. I supply everything you need for a newborn session!
- I love doing sibling and family shots during my newborn sessions. Typically I do siblings first thing. I have an area at my studio where they are welcome to play during the rest of the session. Family shots are often last.
- My newborn sessions are not extremely long. They do take a little longer than other sessions, but because I focus on more natural posing, we can move through the session fairly quickly. Typically, you will be in and out of the studio in less than 1.5 hours.
If you are considering me for your newborn’s portraits, please contact me! I would love to answer any questions you may have, as well as go over more details about what you would like your session with me to look like.